xxi : Walk up the stairs and down the stairs and up the stairs and …
Exercise sometimes re-sets the body clock, allowing your brain to go to sleep when you finally get back to bed. There are pros and cons to this regime.
- You don’t have to get dressed, so it is quicker when you get back into bed
- You get fitter even if you don’t get sleepier
- You can read while doing the exercise if you turn all the lights on, which makes it less boring
- The movement will keep you warm in the winter
- With a bit of luck it will only take half an hour to return you to sleepability
- If there is anyone living in your house with you they may get very cross
- If you are very heavy-footed the people next door may get very cross
- If it doesn’t work you may get very cross
- If you get too interested in your book you may just keep reading until dawn and never sleep at all
- If you get too interested in your book you may go head first down the stairs and have to be taken to Casualty
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
P.S. Do not try to knit while walking up and down stairs in the night. It doesn’t work.