WeeGee has started a tag game among her blogging acquaintance and I’ve been tagged!
Here are the rules:
- You must post the rules
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
- Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
Here are the questions she has posed for me:
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- Are you a dog person, a cat person, or some-other-kind-of-animal person?
- What is your opinion of mushrooms?*
- Could you recommend a good book please?
- What’s your motto?
- Is it okay to lie to spare somebody’s feelings?
- What’s the best thing about blogging?
- Could you tell me a joke or share something funny?
- Is there something that you don’t like but wish that you did?
- What would you do if you found a ferret in the street?**
- What should I ask if I really want to get to know you?***
Now here’s the thing: owing to natural imbecility I find parlour games quite difficult, so I am going to cheat and unilaterally change the rules to threes of everything to make it easier.
Here are my answers to three of the questions:
4. Yes. But I have difficulty stopping at one. Novels: Villette by Charlotte Bronte, Possession by A. S. Byatt, The Ionian Mission by Patrick O’Brian … and the ones I’ve mentioned below … and on. (It’s even worse when I start recommending non-fiction.)
3. My opinion of mushrooms has been heavily influenced by ‘doing’ Sylvia Plath at school so I eat as many as possible to help prevent them getting loose upon the world. (Link to British Library for the poem)
5. As I’m not going to answer your other questions I will generously give you three of my favourite sayings:
‘You’re never told what would have happened’ (approximately from C. S. Lewis, Voyage of the Dawn Treader)
‘You shouldn’t have joined if you couldn’t take a joke’ (from J. P. W. Mallalieu, Very Ordinary Seaman – context is a conscript Royal Navy, hence the joke)
‘Must have something’ (Earl P. Neck in Stella Gibbons’ Cold Comfort Farm)
Three questions for those who are about to get tagged:
- Who is the most annoying character in literature?
- What is the most pointless or weirdest object you can’t bear to throw away, even though you know it is silly to keep it?
- Can you tell us about an unusual weather event you have experienced?
Three to be tagged: